Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Add To The Database

Quote Reply
Add To The Database
Hi is it possable to get result information from someones directory and transfer it into the links database? Or am I dreaming of an ideal world?

Cheers People!

Devs

------------------
devs1@usa.net
Quote Reply
Re: Add To The Database In reply to
yes it's possible.
the another database must be in the same format like links 2.0 but w.o. link numbers
then you can use bulkload.cgi http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...h.cgi?query=bulkload to import the entry's to your database.

------------------
ciao
Nicky
mse.nicky.net
www.nicky.net/forum german forum for GT Links

Quote Reply
Also, there are about four methods to bring links from external web sources into your links database:

1) Spider Pro (in Resource Center)
2) GetURL.cgi (script linked in Modification Forum in a Thread. Written by Widgetz)
3) DMOZ Dump Integration (works with LINKS SQL)
4) Use Indexed Search from Xav.com to pull links from search engines and other sites.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I have searched for the last hour looking for Widgetz getURL.cgi and I can't find it anywhere.

Can you please help?

I want to add a bunch of links and I don't know the proper format that it needs to be in.

I downloaded URL Spider and tried to get certain URL's downloaded, but then I don't know what to do after. Export to?

Thanks
Quote Reply
With the Spider Pro...I would recommend looking at the documentation on the site. But I think all you have to do is export the file into Excel or another spreadsheet program, and then assign record number and add additional fields. Then use the bulkload Mod in the Resource Center to add the links into your database.

In terms of the geturl.cgi script, you will have to contact Widgetz directly.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thank you, I've looked at their site...but they don't say much of anything.

Say I want to grab all of the URL's from this particular site:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Bleachers/7965/sportslinkA.htm

Do you have any idea how I would do that?

I was just using the above as an example since they have URL's only on that page.

I found a key that you press after you've finished with the database and it'll format everything into Links 2.0 and then you bulkload as you stated.

Just wondering if anyone else uses URL Spider and if I can just grab URL's from a particular URL instead of just search engines?

Thanks again