Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

2 or more databases of links 2 combined

Quote Reply
2 or more databases of links 2 combined
there have been a few posts asking about how to combine search results from 2 or more Link 2 databases on the same or different servers into 1 and the same search results page - but it seems no one has found any answers or interest in trying (or i simply couldn't find such).

Imagine we could have search results displayed in 3 different styles on the same results page.
Say 1 style plain normal size text
2nd style bold text
3th style h3 text in red
(as an example).
One database would collect all links that will be displayed in regular font, the other database would collect all links that sgould come up in bold and the third database would hold all links that will come up in h3 and color.

Is this duable, has anyone tried anything similar???
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
Quote Reply
Re: [gossy] 2 or more databases of links 2 combined In reply to
Here is a place to look: Wink

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...cgi?post=42658#42658

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] 2 or more databases of links 2 combined In reply to
Thanks for that hint, looks like a tough road ahead for a guy that spends approx. 2 hours a year looking into cgi scripts.......
Somehow i would hope that the person who obviousely attemted to do this would post me some kind of a finshed and working version of the changes made in the different cgi or html files, that would be very useful - Gian, some others might find that interesting too, why not post it in the resources as mod???