Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

looking to develop an inline review mod.

Quote Reply
looking to develop an inline review mod.
Hi all,

I'm thinking of developing an "inline" review mod such that all of the reviews of a link resource will appear inline with the rest of the link info on the detailed page.

In very general outline, the only way I can think of doing this is to add a new column to links.def and duplicate the rate.cgi script in some way so that the data field takes text instread of a number.

Would anybody care to comment as to whether this is a dumb idea? Any potential hazards other than the ususal when adding /developing new mods?

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: [Swaylock] looking to develop an inline review mod. In reply to
Have you looked at what's already been done? Might be easier to make a few changes to an existing mod, than try to work up another one. maybe start with this one: http://cgi-resource.co.uk/pages/comments3.shtml

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] looking to develop an inline review mod. In reply to
Leonard,

I've seen these mods -- they seem to all show the reviews via a link. You click the link, it runs a script and shows the reviews. Do you think I can modify it so that the reviews show inline on the detailed page? Any ideas would be great. Thanks, Mike
Quote Reply
Re: [Swaylock] looking to develop an inline review mod. In reply to
That particular mod has been hacked by other Links 2.0 users to include the reviews on the detailed page. Check out the Customization forum.

Good luck.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me