Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Error when doing build

Quote Reply
Error when doing build
I'm getting this error when I do a build

can anyone please help ?

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: invalid date format: 7-Jun-2956 - parsed as (day: 7, month: 5, year: 1056). Reason: Can't handle date (0, 0, 0, 7, 5, -844) at links.cfg line 163

Script Location : nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006001
Quote Reply
Re: [Seanhk] Error when doing build In reply to
Hi. This post should fix the problem;

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=123915#123915

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Error when doing build In reply to
Hi Andy,

I had seen that thread and it didnt really help.

In the end I searched links.db for the offending date and replaced it with a fixed date. I then did a rebuild and found another bad date, repeated the process 2 more times and everything was fixed.

The bug (if you want to call it that) is that when a submission is made and the submitter types an invalid date 7-jul-200 for example instead of the script warning the submitter it gets added to the validation queue. Of course then its up to the webmaster to spot the date error before validating the bad record.

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: [Seanhk] Error when doing build In reply to
Normally, the date is inserted by the script, there is no field for it in the Add form.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Error when doing build In reply to
In Reply To:
Normally, the date is inserted by the script, there is no field for it in the Add form.

Doh !!

Thats what I get for not ever adding links to my own site :-)

Thanks for the correction... so how did I end up with 2057, 200 and something else as 3 incorrect years ?

Sean