Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Questions and Suggestions

Quote Reply
Questions and Suggestions
Hello everybody

After spending the last hour looking at other posts, I am certain I am blind and can't find the answers to my questions!! Anyway I will soldier on.....

Firstly - I think I have set up my sendmail wrong my code looks like this

$db_mail_path = '/usr/bin/sendmail';

But I'm not getting any of my tests... What am I doing wrong?!?

Also, I would just like to put a suggestion forward... I am still very much a novice, but I can generally work this stuff out... I haven't managed to get Links working properly yet, but a couple of features I would like to see (maybe it's there and I can't find it!) are individual templates for category pages if required.... Like.. hmmm... Banner display options for categorys - page 1 - page 2 - page 3 - then start again... Does this make sense? I like to put category specific banners up rather than just see where they go... Is that available?

Apart from the silly questions, I feel Links will be better than the other Indexing program I am using - so hopefully I will work it all out soon!

Thanks
Amanda

Quote Reply
Re: Questions and Suggestions In reply to
1) Try using the following sendmail configurations:

Code:
$db_mail_path = '|/usr/bin/sendmail -t';

This has been suggested in many Threads in the Discussion and Modification Forums.

If this does not work, try using the SMTP configuration.

2) In terms of multiple Templates for categories, there are some code hacks located in the Modification Forum. Search it!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Good!

BTW: To find your sendmail path on your server, use the following command line in telnet:

Code:
which sendmail

OR

Code:
where sendmail

If you do not have telnet, then contact your ISP/Hosting Company and ask them what your sendmail path. Also, most hosting companies offer FAQ and technical support documentation....read them.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
The default path didn't work for me so I changed it to:

/usr/sbin/sendmail

Works now...

------------------
"The real terrorists, in my book, are the tobacco companies. If anyone deserved the label of MURDER INC. it would be them"