Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Problem with New Links

Quote Reply
Problem with New Links
I have come across the following problem: every time I rebuild the database to include new links, only one category is marked as with new links!. All the new links are includede in the database, but for an unknown reason this only category is marked as having new links.

This surely have to do with some error installing mods, so at what code I should look at? I have the following mods intsalled:
Code:
3Level New Graphics Enhanced template
Category Select Mod Category Title Mod
Drop-down Menu of Main Categories Nonenglish Mod
External Rate It Logo to individual link files
Add Confirm Dead Link
Send Linkn Password Modify
The $db_new_cutoff in link.cfg is set to 14. I checked the categories in LINKS MANAGER are they are all ok. I also flushed the browser cache, just in case and re-checked the new fields I have added in links.def to match the links.db.

You can see the problem in http://carraizo.net/directorio. You'll notice that Apoyo Social category is the only on marked as 'new', even though there are new links in other categories, like 'Ambiente'.

Thank you.

Manuel

Quote Reply
Re: Problem with New Links In reply to
Well...after waiting 50 seconds for your page to download, I saw what you are talking about...Wink

The problem is most likely associated with the 3 Graphics Mod you've installed...keep in mind that others, including me, have had problems with the RED NEW image (for 1-2 days of new links) to appear...as a matter of fact...it still doesn't work for me even with hacking the days_old routine..ONLY the 3-7 and 8-14 day image appears.

BTW: The Links 2.0 Customization Forum is more appropriate for these types of questions.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Well, if you Perl experts have problem with this mod then I'll better uninstall it!... Smile.

Thanks for your time.

Manuel

Quote Reply
Well...I still have it in my site...I haven't heard any complaints yet...although it is annoying that only the last two New images show up.

Regards,

Eliot Lee