Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Nph-Verify Nitemare

Quote Reply
Nph-Verify Nitemare
I wonder why this doesnt cause problems for other people??

We're running a fairly large links directory (1300 or so links)... So, every month or so, I want to run nph-verify to kill all the bad links.

I thought Links 1 was hard - how you had to click 'delete' on every single bad link (sometimes 100 times).

Now, in Links 2, I generate the bad links page, and I have to click 'delete'. _Then_ it pops up a window asking me to click a box and hit 'delete' again. Then it says 'okay - deleted'. Then I have to close the window.

I just had to do that to 200 bad links. 200 times.

Maybe it would be easier if there could be some rules. For example, I want to kill all 404 and 403 links.

I tried to put together an auto-kill 404 and 403 mod, but it just hung on me. Perhaps someone with better skills could have more luck. Or at least making bad link deletion easier somehow.
Quote Reply
Re: Nph-Verify Nitemare In reply to

BTW - is it just my server, or are there other people who also have trouble getting nph-verify to even run with over 1200 links.

on one server, it just hangs - when i try the same links from the NT server, it gives a few errors, but then works.
Quote Reply
Re: Nph-Verify Nitemare In reply to
Lots of people have trouble using verify. I can get it to run, but only via Telnet (I'm just shy of 1000 links BTW).

A long time ago Alex said he was going to work on a better verify routine. I guess he's decided to concentrate on links.sql and isn't going to do it after all Frown