Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

No Links

Quote Reply
No Links
I would like to manually edit my database file and in some cases leave the url blank. So how can I edit my link templates to show only the titles of the entries that have no current links but link the titles of the entries that have active links? Help appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: No Links In reply to
There is a Mod in the Resource Center called isLinked that will do what you want.

BTW: The Resource Center is the first place to check for modification ideas before posting questions in the Forums.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.
Quote Reply
Ok- thanks. I found it and followed all of the instructions and also updated my database to include the extra field. But even after I added the lines (shouldn't that have been a replce instead of add anyway?)as instructed to my links.html file, when I rebuild my pages nothing changed at all. Everything is still linked and I don't understand why.
Quote Reply
This is what my links.html file looks like after added what it called for. the old stuff is still printing the same info. The NEW code is doing nothing at all.

<ul><li><a class="link" href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>" target="_blank"><%Title%></a>

<%if Description%>
<span class="descript">- <%Description%></span>
<%endif%>
#now here is what I added that does nothing
<%if isLinked%><a href="<%URL%>"target="_Blank"><%Title%></a><%endif%><%ifnot isLinked%><%Title%><%endif%>

</ul>
Any help would be REALLY appreciated.
Quote Reply
Your tags MUST be on separate lines, like the following:

Code:
<%if isLinked%>
<a href="<%URL%>"target="_Blank">
<%Title%></a>
<%endif%>
<%ifnot isLinked%>
<%Title%>
<%endif%>

-OR- as is stated in the Mod description and instructs, download the codes from the Enhanced Template.pm Mod in the Resource Center, and put the codes in your Template.pm file, so that you can put codes on the same line.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.