Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Need help for 2 mods

Quote Reply
Need help for 2 mods
I've installed Links with the Yahoo template and it's coming along nicely. I haven't got the sub categories quite right yet, but I'm working on it, and that's not what I need help with. I searched old messages and the Resource Center for the following, but didn't find anything.

Because many businesses in the subject matter I'll be using Links for (scuba diving) don't have web sites, I added fields for their street and mailing address, as well as telephone and fax numbers, so they can be included even without a web site. It is free to all and meant to be all inclusive.

Here's what I need help with: I want them to have the option of showing their street address (and related fields) even if they have a web site, and I want the ability to overwrite that as administrator.

I also want a way to mark those businesses and other sites that are found elsewhere on my site, as some pay for links in other sections. Naturally, this is something only I as administrator should be able to do. It could be making the entries bold, or adding an image next to them, or some symbol, whatever is obvious without being gaudy. I think the symbol might be the best choice.

I suppose this would be a variant of indicating sites as "cool" and I want it to be totally independent of that.

If anybody knows of other threads where similar changes have been discussed, please let me know. I looked. Otherwise, I hope someone can help me. I want to finish all mods in the next couple of weeks and have it open and operational.

[This message has been edited by ER (edited January 02, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: Need help for 2 mods In reply to

Quote:
I want them to have the option of showing their street address (and related fields) even if they have a web site, and I want the ability to overwrite that as administrator.

You can already do this in the LINKS MANAGER console by editing the links submitted before you validate them.

Quote:
I also want a way to mark those businesses and other sites that are found elsewhere on my site, as some pay for links in other sections. Naturally, this is something only I as administrator should be able to do. It could be making the entries bold, or adding an image next to them, or some symbol, whatever is obvious without being gaudy. I think the symbol might be the best choice.

Try looking at the priority logo Mod in the Resource Center. Another simple approach would be to add another field, like isPay and then use if and ifnot tags in the link.html template file to print these icons if the variable is "activated" with Yes.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Need help for 2 mods In reply to
Thank you (once again), Eliot. That's just the right amount of inforation, as usual, to help me figure out how to do it.