Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Mysterious Deletion of Links

Quote Reply
Mysterious Deletion of Links
Okay, I've got a weird question here...

The version of Links that the website that I work on runs has quite a lot of links on it. Around 2000. And we've discovered something weird that happens with Links every so often.

About once every three months, when a build is done, it will mysteriously erase all the links except the new ones. Now, this isn't a big deal since Links does a backup. A simple click and paste really. But it's happened three times now and I was wondering if anyone else has discovered this or know why it happens? It doesn't happen often enough for it to be a huge concern but I thought I'd ask anyways...

~Amber
Quote Reply
Re: [Amber] Mysterious Deletion of Links In reply to
2,000 links is a lot for a flat file database to hold really. You should consider upgrading to Links SQL. Anyway, it sounds a bit fishy still that it is removing only the old links, and leaving the new ones. Have you tried a fresh install, with just copying over the database files?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
On any decent server 2000 links shouldn't really be a problem. Check if the number in your linkid.txt file corresponds to the actual number of links in your database.
Quote Reply
Do you have flock turned on?