Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Multilingual directory possible?

Quote Reply
Multilingual directory possible?
Hi guys,

i am planning to create a directory which must be usable in different languages. I havent found anything in the forum which does exactly what i want, so i ask if it is possible with Links to do it. I imagine the following:

Start pages in 3 different languages where the directorys and everything is shown in the specific language. When searching the users shall have the possibility to select whether to search all languages or a specific one. So only the results of the specific language are shown.

To do that when adding links the people must have like checkboxes to select the language(s) their site is using. Also they must put title and description in every language they want to use.

Hope you understand a bit how i imagine my site and you can give me some tips on how to realize this. If this is too complicated i might want some more simple solution...

Regards,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Multilingual directory possible? In reply to
The only answers at this time are the following:

1) Install multiple copies of LINKS.
2) Use the Non-English Mod (located in the Resource Center).

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,

thanks for your reply. I have thought about this solution. Is it then possible to search the different databases with one action? I mean when the user clicks on "search german" and "search english" it really searches boths DBs and shows the results? What changes should be done to get that result?

Regards,

Alex
Quote Reply
You would have to use the search redirection Mod in the Resource Center to do this.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center