Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Modify.cgi, Possible script addition?

Quote Reply
Modify.cgi, Possible script addition?
I haven't had a chance to check this in Beta5 which I installed with my old site_html.pl, but does anyone know if the modify function works the same as it did in Links 1.1? What I mean is, does the person still have to enter all their information from scratch to modify their record? I had a lot of complaints about this. Isn't it possible to have the user type in their URL or Business Name, the script checks the database for a match, brings back their information in text fields, THEN the user can change only the info that needs changing? If the new script does this PLEASE let me know. If it doesn't, can it be done???
Quote Reply
Re: Modify.cgi, Possible script addition? In reply to

Quote:
If the new script does this PLEASE let me know. If it doesn't, can it be done???

No, it doesn't do it. Yes, it can be done. The question is, when and by whom? Smile

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
goodstufflists.home.ml.org/

Quote Reply
Anyone? Anyone???

I can't imagine it being too difficult. It would be just the way the Admin Modify works, right?
Quote Reply
This would have been a great add-on to the version 2.0:

- When a site is added, it would get its own password
- When modifying links, the password would be asked, and after submitting the password, the current information of the link would be modifiable.
- If a user forgot his links password, it could be mailed to the email-address found from the links information.
Quote Reply
EXACTLY!