Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Mod for auto e-mail reply to submitter?

Quote Reply
Mod for auto e-mail reply to submitter?
I know there's a couple of mods that offer e-mail replies to verify to users subscribing to one's newsletter (subscribe.cgi file), but I'm looking for something that has similar options to reply back to an e-mail to the submitter's e-mail address, and prior to Admin validating the new link. The mod, if any, would need to do the following:

1. Capture the new validation e-mail address and save to a file.

2. Filter out duplicates.

3. Check for valid e-mail addresses (cut down on spammers).

Basically, this would be the same approach used in the mods for the subscribe feature but used to reply to the submitter's e-mail address instead.

If there's no resource (searched, didn't find anything), quotes to make the program are welcome.

I guess I could just use the validation e-mail for the Admin and simply collect the e-mail address and then create an auto-responder. I use Eudora, so maybe a filter might work this out?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Mark B.

Quote Reply
Re: Mod for auto e-mail reply to submitter? In reply to
If you are looking for someone to program this Mod for you, the better forum to post it in would be the Custom Jobs Forum....BTW: One thing you could think about doing is adding two other fields in the links.def called Validation and Status. (These fields are used in the LINKS SQL to validate accounts when users create accounts...) The Validation field value would contain random values and the Status field would contain values of Registered, Not Registered.

Basically, what this will allow is for users to first "validate" their records before being recognized as Registered...which would happen before the record is validated by you...

If you upgrade to LINKS SQL, this issue would be easily resolved with built-in features.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee