Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Managing pages

Quote Reply
Managing pages
I've got two problems:

1/ I want to add a template for "content" pages (namely articles, book reviews etc) from the edit templates section. Is this easy? I would also like to specify where the pages built should end up.

2/ Is there an inconsistency with the path to files in templates. I noticed that "Add", "Modify", "Search" etc all have my first draft logo but the subsection pages do not ("Education_Research", "Business", etc). From where are those built?
(Apparently "Add" etc uses the path from the cgi-bin, while sub-sections uses the path from buildroot/).

I'm too tired to figure this out right now. Any suggestions?

Problem url:
http://www.skjoldebrand.org/scandarch/links/

TIA,

C.
Quote Reply
Re: Managing pages In reply to
Quote.
_________
I'm too tired to figure this out right now. Any suggestions?
_________

This question was the easiest so I thought I might take a shot at it. I usually get some sleep to resolve that question. Smile (heheh... just kidding).

On question #2 I find it easiest to just run my mouse over the logo (where it was suppose to show) and right click the mouse and check what the image properties is (Internet Explorer). Then I just put a copy of the image in that location.

Sorry, cannot help you on #1. But I am sure someone will come along and give some good input on that question. Smile

Hope this helps.
TimRyan
Quote Reply
Re: Managing pages In reply to
You can determine where your pages will be by editing links.cfg. Look for this section and put in the right information:
# PATH and URL of Pages to be built. No Trailing Slash.

The resource center has instructions for using different templates for different categories.

Note that because links generates new directories for each category, as the cats get deeper relative image URLs will get out of sync. To prevent this, use a root relative call such as img src="/images/foo.gif" or specify the full url in your category template.