Making a Golden IndexFinger???

Quote Reply
Making a Golden IndexFinger???
Where are you, Alex? No announcements since February 11. Even
Moses wasn't gone that long!

Where are we going with Links? Which requested features are you
working on for the next version? Which of the various mods (such
as passwords, user reviews, user-friendly modify, etc.) do you
plan to incorporate in the next version?

The mods that involve adding fields to the links.def file are
potential trouble if we zig and you zag.

Come down and give us directions, Alex, before we collect all the
mods and turn Links into a Golden IndexFinger!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Making a Golden IndexFinger??? In reply to
Hi Rondald,

You won't see weekly updates for Links as I prefer to release a stable working product that is easily customizable. I want people to feel comfortable that if you use Links, you won't have to be back every week to upgrade your site to the latest version because of some bug (You may be back to add on the latest mod somebody has put together though). Wink

That doesn't mean development has stopped though. We are working on an all SQL version, as well as planning a new version of Links which will include some of the better mods as well as some of my own ideas.

I always try to keep updates as painless as possible, and have always stated that the site_html.pl (or the templates) as well as all your data will be easily updateable in future versions.

Quote:
Come down and give us directions, Alex, before we collect all the mods and turn Links into a Golden IndexFinger!!!

Hmm, don't like the sound of that..

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Making a Golden IndexFinger??? In reply to
I was just kidding about the IndexFinger thing.

Seriously, though, it would be helpful to find out what you are working on once a month or so. If not through the announcements list, then maybe at the top of the "what's new" email that goes out to subscribers.

Anyhow, I like what you are doing with Links, and you have my support (and money).