Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links don't print

Quote Reply
Links don't print
Help! My links don't print either. I checked to see that <%links%> was on all the pages. I even substituted untouched Template pages for mine and they still won't print. This seems toindicate it can't be the Template pages. I have not made any modifications to the scripts. Permissions are set. I seem to recall reading somewhere that some servers do not like the .pl extension. Could that be a problem? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Links don't print In reply to
Uh...<%links%> should only be in the category.html page. For the search pages, you need to have <%link_results%>.

The extension of the scripts do not matter in this case.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
<%links%> and <%links_results%> are set correctly. Any other possiblities?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Make sure that you do not have duplicate tag definitions in the site_html_templates.pl. Also search the Modification Forum and this forum for related Threads!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Eliot,

I have checked other threads with no luck. I have not changed site_html_templates.pl, so I'm sure there are no duplicate tags there. And I have not made any modifications. I've tried uploading completely fresh scripts in which I have changed only the path to perl5 and made full paths to links.cfg. That's all I've changed in the scripts and as I've mentioned before I tried running the script with fresh, untouched template files. I'm really baffled. If you can tell me exactly which scripts are responsible for writing the links to the page, perhaps it will be easier for me to troubleshoot. Thanks a lot.
Quote Reply
Just to make sure something's not being overlooked here, have you:

1) added links?

2) visually inspected the database to make sure they're being added properly?

3) built the database?

4) used all standard cgi/pl/def/cfg files and templates to make sure one change is not affecting something else?

Dan
Quote Reply
Dan,

Thanks. 1-3 are in order. I think I need to start from scratch and make changes one by one to answer yes to item 4.