Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Link Verifying Problem

Quote Reply
Link Verifying Problem
Below is the message that I receive when trying to verify my links. I threw in 2 pages to do a test run. For some reason it can't connect to any site even if it is working. Any ideas?

Links Manager: Verifying Links
Verifying Links
Link checking started at: Tue Mar 14 12:33:37 2000
--------------------------------------------------------
Registering URLs ...

Done.

Links to check '2' using HEAD method. Please be patient...

Checked 3 - Request Failed (500). Message: Can't connect to www.planetpamela.com:80 (Operation now in progress).
Checked 4 - Request Failed (500). Message: Can't connect to www.teenplanet.org:80 (Operation now in progress).

Took: 11 seconds to check 2 links.

Bad Link Summary
-----------------------------------------------
4 - http://www.teenplanet.org/ [modify|delete] : 500 - Can't connect to www.teenplanet.org:80 (Operation now in progress).
3 - http://www.planetpamela.com/ [modify|delete] : 500 - Can't connect to www.planetpamela.com:80 (Operation now in progress).

-----------------------------------------------

Good Links: 0
Bad Links : 2

Quote Reply
Re: Link Verifying Problem In reply to
This is normal...Some of your sites will block robots from indexing them or attempting to check their status. You will see this type of report from time to time.

Try adding some other sites, and see what happens.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
wow silly me,

but i still can't figure out why neither of those 2 sites can be indexed. They are both mine and have metatags that allow indexing. There is not a robots.txt on the domain either. Time to go after my ISP about this one Smile

Thanks Again
Quote Reply
oops submitted twice

[This message has been edited by andrew50 (edited March 14, 2000).]