Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Internal Server Error

Quote Reply
Internal Server Error
I'm getting Internal Server Error when trying to Add or Modify. I've checked permissions, and all is as it should be. Otherwise, everything works.

Where should I be looking for a problem?

Quote Reply
Re: Internal Server Error In reply to
1) This should be posted in the Installation Forums...not here in the Discussin Forum.

2) Read the README file in the TARGET SHOOTING section (i.e., check the Perl path, check the paths in the links.cfg file, and also check the require path to the links.cfg in the add.cgi, modify.cgi, which should contain the whole absolute path, NOT relative path to the links.cfg).

3) Search the Installation Forums, because Internal Server Errors have been covered MANY times.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
This IS NOT an installation issue. If it was, I'd have posted there. THIS installation has been running for two years.

This IS NOT a normal Internal Server Error issue. If it WAS, I'd have found the answer in "Installation Issues" (although, as I said it's been running TWO YEARS.

By the way, should you CARE to say something "intelligent",

The changes do make it to the Modified.db and Validate.db files, so would it have to do with the mailer.pm file?

Quote Reply
Probably a change in your sendmail paths, which is causing the error...and I already gave you an intelligent response.

And you should've been more specific about your problem, because it sure seemed like you were installing this for the first time.

Best of luck finding a solution!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok everyone - no need to get twitchy with the caps lock button.

I believe that a few users have has the same problem recently so if you search the links2 installation forum you will probably find some recent threads that may help.

If after thoroughly searching you find nothing then let me know.

Another good idea would be to check your error log.

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/