Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Integrating PHP with Links 2.0 templates?

Quote Reply
Integrating PHP with Links 2.0 templates?
All righty. I've set up an .htaccess file in my web root directory to parse .html documents as PHP (not a huge server drain since the only HTML files I have are those of Links). This works fine for pages such as the main index of Links, individual category pages, etc.—I'm able to execute PHP commands and parse the percentage-sign-encoded Perl variables. But for something such as add.cgi, I'm SOL.

I'm using the IWS Templates mod which includes Subcategories Like Yahoo. I'm wondering if there's a way, perhaps using site_html.pl or site_html_templates.pl, to include the PHP code? Or—since the only .cgi files I use are for Links, so there's no worry about bogging down the server—a way to use .htaccess to parse .cgi files for both CGI and PHP?

I was unable to find anything relevant to this while searching the site. If anyone can help, or perhaps provide a link to an external site with more information about this integration, I'd be sorely indebted. Since my site is based wholly on PHP, using static HTML is simply not an option.

In any event, thanks for your time.

~Leah
http://www.ex-okay.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Integrating PHP with Links 2.0 templates? In reply to
Anyone?