Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Impossible to add sites in the front office

Quote Reply
Impossible to add sites in the front office
Hi everyone, I'v set up the script yesterday, it looks like very cool.

All the back office works. I can add catégories, send the newsletter, edit template, etc...

I can add sites with the admin office but in the front office I can't. Error 501.

It's the only thing that doesn't work. All the rest is OK.

I have check the add.cgi file, it look like good. Maybe I have a problem with the mail verification? I don't know...

Can you help me please.

Thanks in advance

Tony,
from France

Quote Reply
Re: Impossible to add sites in the front office In reply to
1) This ain't a M$ product...front-end, back-end are sufficient qualifers. ;)

2) This type of post is better for the one of the Installation forums based on your operating system/platform.

3) You wrote:

In Reply To:

I have check the add.cgi file, it look like good. Maybe I have a problem with the mail verification? I don't know...

Are you sure???

Double check the following (also posted in quite a few Threads in the Links 2.0 Installation-UNIX forum):

1) Perl path (first line of code) is correct.
2) Absolute path to the links.cfg file.

EXAMPLE:

Code:

require "/absolute/path/to/youraccount/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

3) You uploaded the file in ASCII mode.
4) The permission of the file is 755.
5) You have properly configured EITHER the $db_mail_path OR $db_smtp_server correctly in the links.cfg file. (Do not use both.)

Good luck

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok for front-end and back-end... my english is not technical yet ;) I didn't know that front & back office came from Bill G. But don't care I prefers Linus T :)

well I think links.cfg is ok, path too, and chpmod too, but I will check one more time tonight.

Thanks for your help

Quote Reply
I have check links.cfg, it'all ok. In fact I have a problem with validate.db. When I try to validate new links I have the following error:

unable to open validation file: /home/httpd/vhost/formatik/cgi-bin/links/cgi-bin/admin/data/validate.db. Reason: No such file or directory

validate.db is 666 and data repertory is 777.

When I open validate.db, the new sites are in the file, so the add.cgi works but I can't validate the sites.

Could you help me please . Thanks

Quote Reply
I have the same error whith validate.db and i cant found solution. have you ?
Can you help me. I am French