Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

I Want A Links 1.1 Exclusive Discussion Board

Quote Reply
I Want A Links 1.1 Exclusive Discussion Board
It would really help me since no one in here seems to want to discuss it and bobsie is no help at all. I just started coming back here and I already miss the days of Alex moderating it. Can we have a Links 1.1 Only Board Please?

------------------
The RelayMan
simsearch.hyperart.net
mdhealyjr@adelphia.net
Quote Reply
Re: I Want A Links 1.1 Exclusive Discussion Board In reply to
Hello!

I am surprised that you are still using the old Links.

Instead of having a "Special Board" setup especially for, may I take the oppurtunity to humbly suggest to upgrade to a new version of Links SQL!

This version is certainly a breakthrough, but rather too expensive.

However, this was just a suggestion.

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
relayman,

Although I disagree with your handling of the situation and especially your abusive attitude towards Bobsie, I do agree that there should be a separate board for each version. This was especially confusing when 2.0 was newer and there were more people still using 1.1. It still happens sometimes that someone asks a question and people take the time to answer only to find out later that their answer doesn't apply because the person who asked it was using a different version.

Back in March, ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um3/HTML/000935.html ) Alex agreed that he was going to restructure the forums and make separate spaces for the different versions. He must have gotten sidetracked and forgot about it... easy to let things like that slip when you're busy.

Phoenix
Quote Reply
relayman,

Through my experience with discussion boards, I have noticed that those who are abusive and demanding towards others (especially the moderator) often end up being snubbed by others when they are in need of help.

I find that kind, courteous behavior reaps many rewards when using a discussion board where people are working together to help each other solve problems.

And the title of Moderator means to moderate, not be the required supplier of answers to everyone's questions. IMHO, Bobsie does a great job on this board, often going to great lengths to help others.

Joe
Quote Reply
Are you guys nuts, why do you want link 1.0, Link 2.0 is new and best..
Quote Reply
Bin,

Some people have highly customized their copies of Links version 1, and if they upgrade they will lose all their customizations and will have to start over from scratch. It would be very time consuming, and in sonme cases mods that were available for version 1 are not yet available for version 2, so they'd lose the ability to use those mods.

I have never used Links version 1, but after all the work I've put into customizing version 2, I can see how people might not want to make the upgrade. They might not get any benifits from it and it would be very time consuming.

Phoenix

[This message has been edited by phoenix (edited July 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I have 2 sites, one that is run with the first version (http://www.websitesponsors.com) and the other a new site ran by the new version (http://www.nhly2k.com)

Although I love the new version, I am afraid to upgrade my old site to Links 2 because I am afraid of what might happen as explained above.

Therefore, I have to agree about the Links 1 discussion forum.