Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

INVALID DATE FORMAT

Quote Reply
INVALID DATE FORMAT
After working for a while, this script is now giving me the following error when I click on Build All or Staggered (try to add to the database). I have it on an NT server with a hosting company. I do not have direct access to the server (I am not the administrator). I talked to the host about the possible glitch with Pearl 5.6 (which I got from this forum). They claim there is nothing wrong with the setup on their end. Has anyone had this problem? How did you solve it? Thank you for your help, AL.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: invalid date format: 29-Jul-200 - parsed as (day: 29, month: 6, year: -1700). Reason: Can't handle date (0, 0, 0, 29, 6, -1700) at D:/home/nt93f87/links/cgi-bin/admin/links.cfg line 172

Script Location : D:\home\nt93f87\links\cgi-bin\admin\nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006

Quote Reply
Re: INVALID DATE FORMAT In reply to
I don't believe that you got Perl 5.006 from this forum...but anyway...other Gossamer Threads users and also other CGI/Perl programmers have experienced problems with the current version of Perl. There was some mention of this problem in the Links 2.0 Windows Forum...you might be able to find some posted solutions in that forum.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,
I found the error! Our hosting company apparently changed the server and the date in the database (sample out of database follows)

1253|Abbey Hotel|http://www.theabbeyhotel.com|29-Jul-200|Lodging/Iowa|The........

got messed up. As you can see it reads 29-Jul-200 instead of 2000. Once changed to 2000, everything works fine.
Thank you for your help,
AL

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee