Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

How to move categories?

Quote Reply
How to move categories?
I am not sure if it is possible to move categories and subcategories from one category to another (I hope one can easily do that with out having to reenter info)

If it is possible, how?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How to move categories? In reply to
socrates,

I hope you haven't already reentered everything.

I have an idea that might work... It will only work, I think, if you want to move ALL links within a category to another single category.

1) Delete the category containing the links you want to move. (It won't delete the links in that category.)
2) Do "Check Categories."
3) It will find a problem (links without a category) and ask if you would like to delete or move the links. At that point, you can move them where ever you like.

Let me know if you have any questions. It was hard to explain.

Amanda
Quote Reply
Re: How to move categories? In reply to
Amanda,

Thank you for your reply. I suppose this is just an idea. Have you tried it and it worked? Is this how it is supposed to be done?

If it is possible to move categories and the links in those categories, I would rather start with fewer categories. Well, if someone has done it already I would like to know. Acually I do not have a need for this now. But for the directory I plan to create, I am sure I will have to do this down the road and so do others. I just could not stop my paranoid, perfectionist mind from wandering in to the future.