Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

How to build a FAQ site/category?

Quote Reply
How to build a FAQ site/category?
I want to use one of my categories as a FAQ site.
Are there any guidens on how to do that in the most proper way?

My reason for asking, is that I see that a faq site will have to function a little bit otherwise than just a links page.

As I have the categories organized with the actual links pointing to the websites reffered to, followed by a link to the detailed page, I see that way cant be used in a FAQ.

In the FAQ category, I need to have all the displayd links pointing directly to the detailspage. And it will not look good to have this mainlink followed by another link that also pointing to the same detailed site.
Example:
In an ordinary category i have a link look like this:
Links:
_Gjerrigknark_(<--- this is the main link pointing to a website) - Hvordan unngå å bruke pen...(<--- short description) new _Detailes_(<--- link to detail page) (Added: 13-Aug-2001 Hits: 4 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) _Rate It_

If this was supposed to work like a FAQ category it must look like this:
FAQ Links:
_Gjerrigknark_(<--- this is the main link pointing to the specific FAQ topic requested) - Hvordan unngå å bruke pen...(<--- short description) new (Added: 13-Aug-2001 Hits: 4 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) _Rate It_

Here _without_ the _Detailes_-link to the details page, as the main link, here _Gjerrigknark_, has to be the one pointing DIRECTLY to the detailed page.

Hope you understand what I am saying

How can I do this an easy way, without creating the link, make the faq content, and then aftewords modify the link to point to itself?

Where is the killer guide to make a faq page using links? :-)

Quote Reply
Re: How to build a FAQ site/category? In reply to
Hi,

Take a look here:

http://www.perlmad.com

Is that anywhere close to what you want?

Mods:http://wiredon.net/gt/download.shtml
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Quote Reply
Its impossible to say.
You have a category called "Frequently Asked Questions" with no entries. So I cant see how an entry in that category in your faq behaves.

Other than that its somehow how I want it, and also the way I actually have it. I have a lot of categories, but I want ONE of those categories to be a FAQ category. And the linkentries in that category must behave as I describe in my post abowe.

Quote Reply
Hmm..it seems no one understand what I am asking help to, as its just to do it manually as I mentioned myself.

Well, my reason for asking help on this, is actually to find out how to modify links, so this works automaticly
So when ever a link i put in the FAQ categroy, Links understand that this link has to be dealt with as a FAQ link, not an ordinary link, and by that way automaticly remove the _Detailes_ link, and automaticly make the main link point to the Detailed page.

But OK, if no one think this could be a nice future to have I will manage as it is, no problem :-)

Just asking