Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

How many people are on your Links mailing list?

Quote Reply
How many people are on your Links mailing list?
I'm just curious as to how many people are successfully using the "Newsletter" function in Links to email a large number of people. I've got 82 so far and other than being a little slow to finish, it doesn't miss a lick. Anybody got more than that? When should I start looking at switching over to a conventional (i.e. Majordomo) mailing list? And lastly, what methods have you used to accomodate a higher number of users with a standalone mailing list program (like Majordomo) and integrate it with Links? Smile
Quote Reply
Re: How many people are on your Links mailing list? In reply to
I do not use the LINKS mailing script because it is too slow and times out quite often. I am using another mailing list program from cgielite. (With this list, I have over 1,500 subscribers and messages are sent out within less than 10 seconds. And typically the Newsletter is quite long.)

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
heh. That's the fastest reply I have ever gotten. You musta been refreshing as I submitted it. Smile

I was thinking about just writing a little script and put in cron that would take the list that Links has and update my list for Majordomo. Is that what your doing?
Quote Reply
Nope...I am using Subscribe Me! from CGI Script Center ( cgi.elitehost.com ).

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------