Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Help with Links on a Mac Server

Quote Reply
Help with Links on a Mac Server
I am a CGI newbie and I am trying to get Links to work on a Mac Server running AppleShare IP 6.1 with MacPerl. What Links files do I need to modify to make it work, and how do they need to be modified? Thanks in advance for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Links on a Mac Server In reply to
Hi, Blair.

It took me a long time, but I finally have the entire Links package working on a Macintosh under MacPerl. But it's not nearly as stable as on Unix.

Anyway - what I needed to change was mostly 'just' the file separator. Unix uses '/' Mac uses ':' Tracking down all of these was painful, but it worked.

I generate the pages from the MacPerl interface instead of from the web, since my server is only 100Mhz and it times out in the web interface.

All the other scripts work fine, except that when the server gets busy the scripts tend to hang - and stay hung until I can manually crash them and restart them (or the server). I'm not very happy about that part, and hope that a new fast server (holiday present to myself?) will improve things. Smile

-Spode
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Links on a Mac Server<br> In reply to
I'm trying to porting Links 2 on MacPerl, but when I start the admin.cgi my server report an error like "Undefined subroutine: &cgierr".
I've changed all path separators (not URLs) from "/" to ":" but I'm not very comfortable with Perl and I have no idea what mean this error. A missing library ?
Any help will be more appreciated.
Thanks

Quote Reply
The error means that the sub-routine you are trying to use is not defined in either the admin.cgi or in the one of the following files:

1) links.cfg
2) db.pl
3) db_utils.pl

Which sub-routine is not defined?

If we knew that...we may be able to help you.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I have turned on the verbose log and this is the diagnostic output when I try to launch admin.cgi from my browser:

# Undefined subroutine &main::cgierr called.
File 'myHD:WebSTAR:cgi-bin:links:admin:admin.cgi'; Line 42

This sub is contained in the 'db_utils.pl' library and is called in many modules of Links to trap-errors and display a debug info.
I've tried to include this sub in the main admin.cgi module (just for test) and worked. The problem is that the 'require ' statement in admin.cgi seem ignored. Any idea?
Thanks for your help.

Quote Reply
Yea...you are not using the CORRECT ABSOLUTE PATH to your links.cfg file in the first require line.

Regards,

Eliot Lee