Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

HTML_Editor

Quote Reply
HTML_Editor
Hello all,

I´ve just played around with links2.0. Maybe I want to use it for my page, but I´ve a problem with my html-editor.

I´m using AdobeGoLive, every time I change something on a template, let´s say the index.html everything works o.k.
( Within the readme-file, I guess, it´s said, that you can use an editor ). But everytime I build the database again, fromwithin my admin panel, all changes are lost.
What´s happening. Well I´ve also installed the yahoo look templates for evaluation.
Is it a problem from links 2.0 or the yahoo style templates?

Gus1

Quote Reply
Re: HTML_Editor In reply to
Hmmm ... which files do you edit? You need to edit the files in /admin/templates, not the build pages (index.html's).

Quote Reply
Dear gotze,

well, thanks your tip worked( stupid mistake I made there ). But there is still the problem that the home.html in /admin/templates stands for the index.html in the pages directory. What I mean by that, is that any changes I do in home.html ( background color an other things ) are displayed as I would do this on the index.html so far so good. But within the home.html my categories are not displayed, but I need them to make the font size snaller.

How can I do that?

If you say that I cannot edit the index.html in the pages directory permantly. What about the catogery pages I create, e.g. if I create a category internet, the index.html of the category is written into /pages/internet. Does that mean that I´m not able to change them with my editor, too.

Regards Gus1

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
But within the home.html my categories are not displayed, but I need them to make the font size snaller.
As discussed in many threads in the Links 2.0 in Threads that address category font, you need to edit the HTML codes in the sub site_html_print_cat routine in the site_html_templates.pl file.

In Reply To:
Does that mean that I´m not able to change them with my editor, too.
You edit CATEGORY pages via the category.html template file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hi,

thanks to both for this help.
And sorry that I dindn´t look for a thread linked to font size.

@ eliot: I´ve found the file you told me to search. But could you write down the line you mean for me, you said <font size=1> in reply to: font
What do you mean by that, because I´m no crack in scripts :-).

Regards
Gus1

Quote Reply
I don't know the line number off hand....look for the font and class codes between the $output .= and |; lines in the subroutine I already provided you.

Regards,

Eliot Lee