Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

General Question

Quote Reply
General Question
Hello,

i have a general question about to modify an url: what does this error means? 'A request to modify this record has already been received. Please try again later'

I tested to modify an existing url, then i get the message above. I think i have to modify that url, ok, done, than build pages - than i tested again and get the same error.

Is there a way to repair that.
Now, the tested url could not be modifyed (by the url-user or me). That's not very good.

Could somebody help me?

Regards, DelPierro
Quote Reply
Re: General Question In reply to

Quote:
'A request to modify this record has already been received. Please try again later'

It means that the link is already in the modified.db file and cannot be modified again until the administrator validates the link and takes it out of the modified.db file.

Quote:
Now, the tested url could not be modifyed (by the url-user or me). That's not very good.

There are about three Modify Password Mods in the Resource Center that makes the modification more secure...search the Resource Center...first place to check before posting questions in the Forums.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
Thank's Eliot,

you're the fastest! Smile

I searched the modify.db for the url and not for the id, that's my problem.

I hope I'm right, if I updated the url (that want to be modified) from the admin-panel, the modify.db has already been updated, too?

Regards, and thank's a lot again, DelPierro
Quote Reply

Quote:
I hope I'm right, if I updated the url (that want to be modified) from the admin-panel, the modify.db has already been updated, too?

When you validate links in the admin.cgi script, the modified.db file should be reset to nothing. Basically, what happens during the validation process is that data is copied from the modified.db file and the validate.db file and is put into the links.db file. Then all the links in the two precedding files are deleted.

I REALLY HOPE this is clear now!!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
Hello Eliot,

thank's, yes it's clear now! Smile

Regards, Simon (DelPierro)
Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Good.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center