Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Free Installation of Links

Quote Reply
Free Installation of Links
Hi.. I'll install links for you free. NT or Unix. goto http://cgiinstaller.hypermart.net no catch-- I just want to get ALOT of experience with perl.
Quote Reply
Re: Free Installation of Links In reply to
Now does this really make alot of sense?
Posting a topic like this in the Links forum.
Shouldn't everyone that is using this forum already know how to do a basic installation of Links?

I could be wrong though Smile
Have you any takers yet? Honestly now Smile

Chet

------------------
Webmasters get a sponsor for your website. Over 350 to choose from.
www.websitesponsors.com

Quote Reply
To websitesponsors:
Now does this really make alot of sense?
You posting a reply like this in the Links forum? Frown You are wrong! You should take a look at your own post, are you so great? Can you do it for Free? All I see listed in this site is places that want to charge $25-$150 bucks to install this script. I am a non-profit site new to CGI and I needed a little help to get it installed and I am customizing it myself. I bet you wish you could install it for free. I bet you can't! Thanks Pigernator for all the help getting it installed correctly! Smile Since this site does not have a set of instructions for beginners and the installation instructions are NOT clear, I wonder how many people leave this site because of that. I could not have done it without his help. Hell, for what he is doing, gossamer should give him a job!
Quote Reply
Hats off to the pigernator! If the man wants to help others and learn in the process I salute him! I too am new to this and appreciate the help he has offerred.I say go for it "pigernator". Ignore the small minded critics in the crowd who think they know it all.You have my gratitude! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Hats off to the pigernator! If the man wants to help others and learn in the process I salute him! I too am new to this and appreciate the help he has offerred.I say go for it "pigernator". Ignore the small minded critics in the crowd who think they know it all.You have my gratitude! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Long Live People like Pigernator
Quote Reply
I never needed help with installing these scripts, but i know if i didn't know as much as i did, i would love for someone to install my scripts (free) because they want experience. Thats cool dude. How much time does it take you to install personally?

------------------
-----------------
Lavon Russell
LookHard! Search
www.lh.yi.org
webmaster@lh.yi.org

Quote Reply
I can install any cgi scipt. I wont do it for free cause I not as nice as the pig guy.
Quote Reply
Oh good lord! Links is easy to install. If you can't do it, please, should you be using it? Should you be using any CGI?

[This message has been edited by jbottero (edited August 19, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Some people may have liked the idea of running a portal, but knew nothing about cgi-perl before then. Not everyone can install something. Unless your a perl wizard which i doubt, because in that case, you'd have your own website with your own portal search engine.

------------------
-----------------
Lavon Russell
LookHard! Search
www.lh.yi.org
webmaster@lh.yi.org