Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Forum Etiquette Part 2

Quote Reply
Forum Etiquette Part 2
Again, please do not post personal attacks to other people. If you have problems with individuals on the forum, this is not the appropriate place to put them and I will delete them. I hate editing posts or censoring the forum, and I have only done it a couple times in total, but I won't have posts that attack other users on here.

Please lets use some common sense. It's very hard to read meaning from emails/posts, and if something gets you angry, just walk away, most likely it was misread. Don't take it personally. If you feel something is really out of line, please do email me at alex@gossamer-threads.com as it's not possible for me to read every post.

Be nice, have fun!

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Forum Etiquette Part 2 In reply to
Hi Alex.

I totally agree, i was once a novice here (and still am), i do find it anoying when people dont explain themselves properly, but at the end of the day we were all novices at some point, weve all done it, it doesnt take long to write a message saying please explain in a little more detail etc. but taking the mick out of peoples lack of experience or communicational skills is downright rude, remeber people from all over the world use these forums, and find it hard to speak or write good english.

Here in the UK, we dont get taught other languages at school until we are 11. I can only just manage to count to 10 in French, and i'm 25!!!

So hats of to all those people who try, i like to think i can offer a little help here and there.

and don't let the people who put you down put you off. the minority always ruin things for the majority.

Regards

MDJ1
http://www.isee-multimedia.co.uk
Quote Reply
(Alex...I apologize for posting this relatively off-topic Reply...but I felt it was more appropriate to respond to people's Threads in the Links 2.0 Customization Forum in this forum...since it does NOT deal with modifications or add-ons...Feel free to delete this Reply if you feel it is necessary.)

This is the VERY last reply I am submitting to the Links 2.0 Forums....as a method of clarifying a few issues...

1) The incidents that occurred this past weekend were NOT the only reason I have deleted my Mods/FAQs and have refused to provide further support in these forums. They were the "straw that broke the camel's back".

2) I agree with Bmxer...I do not have any problems with you all re-creating Mods that have been deleted...HOWEVER, I do have a problem with you simply re-posting the Mods I've written in your web sites. This is unethical and also infringement of intellectual property rights. Yes...you can still use Mods that you have already installed in your sites...however, I no longer will provide support for those Mods.

3) My decision to "leave" the Links 2.0 forums is not entirely based on the incidents that occurred last weekend...and I apologize that this decision is inconvenient to many of you loyal and honorable Links 2.0 users. But at this time...my decision is irreversible.

Again...good luck with all your Links projects.

Regards,

Quote Reply
yea, although i didn't like the way that dude acted, i didn't cut my mods off for that. My reason is sort of like jerrysu's reason. I mostly come on, make a mod, release it, and then leave, hardly ever posting on the forum. And even tho i was a novice like all of you before, i didn't ask the same questions you did. So, although, i'm not ready to go up to LinksSQL yet, i won't be supporting my mods as much, and who knows, since i like Links and Gossamer, i may make my stuff accessible again and make mods, but i don't like the way anybody would diss someone who helped him with a mod a day before.

Quote Reply
Oops! Shocked

I don't know what has happend!
But I know that it will be no one here to help us like
AnthroRules did. Tongue
I think that is a really hard lost for the forum.
;'-(

Quote Reply
What on earth has been going on? Just as I had got to grips with DBman I just decided to get started on Links. And then I read this little lot.

What a shame that words can hurt people so much. I had gained the impression from the DBMan forum that everyone coped admirably with the usual typos, poor grammar etc that is symptomatic of the internet. Non-english speakers seem to do rather well under the circumstances.

What a shame that a few of the hitherto very helpful people have decided to take their ball away so we can't play with it anymore.

Oh well. We must all become more expert with less help, I suppose.

I'll be back!

David Olley
Anglo & Foreign International Limited,
Winchester
England