Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Font Size Mysteriously Altered

Quote Reply
Font Size Mysteriously Altered
Hi:

I've read through the forums - through all the suggestions on changing the font sizes, and I am unable to change the following.

At http://www.bethshort.com/links

At the main category page, the categories are much too large.

On the links listings, these were originally <-1> and when I changed the background color, they changed (of course, I probably changed something else, too). I've gone throug the pages and tried to even add the size tags to each output syntax, to no avail.

I am not using CSS and am not intending to. I have, to the best of my knowledge, removed all CSS references.

I also changed the line in the site_html.pl as noted in the thread at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum11/HTML/000248.html - still, nothing.

Best,

Pamela
Quote Reply
Re: Font Size Mysteriously Altered In reply to
OK, you have the <strong>...</strong> here:

# Then we print out the name linked, new if it's new, and popular if its popular.
$output .= qq|<dl><dt><strong><font size="-1"><a class="link" href="$url">$category_name</a></font></strong> <small class="numlinks">($numlinks)</small> |;

Change this to your liking.

As for descriptions, you have this:
$output .= qq|<dd><span class="descript">$description </span></dd> ...

You want to change the <span>...</span> to something else - <i>..</i> or whatever.

Since you don't use the stylesheet, all the class-codes don't have any effect, so ypu might as well remove them.
Quote Reply
Pamela,

You want to open and edit site_html_templates.pl (if using templates) or site_html.pl (if not using templates).

Find sub site_html_print_cat and look over how your categories are build. I think the standard Links uses a <strong> which seems to be causing your problem.

HTH
John
Quote Reply
I'm confused:

Here is what I now have:

my (@subcat) = @_;
my ($url, $numlinks, $mod, $subcat, $category_name, $description, $output, $i);
my ($half) = int (($#subcat+2) / 2);

# Print Header.
$output = qq|<div class="margin"><table width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="catlist" valign="top">\n|;

foreach $subcat (sort @subcat) {
($description) = @{$category{$subcat}}[2];

# First let's get the name, number of links, and last modified date...
$url = "$build_root_url/" . &urlencode($subcat) . "/";
if ($subcat =~ m,.*/([^/]+)$,) { $category_name = &build_clean($1); } else { $category_name = &build_clean($subcat); }
$numlinks = $stats{"$subcat"}[0];
$mod = $stats{"$subcat"}[1];

# We check to see if we are half way through, if so we stop this table cell
# and begin a new one (this lets us have category names in two columns).
if ($i == $half) {
$output .= qq|</td><td class="catlist" valign="top">\n|;
}
$i++;

# Then we print out the name linked, new if it's new, and popular if its popular.
$output .= qq|<dl><dt><strong><font size="-1"><a class="link" href="$url">$category_name</a></font></strong> <small class="numlinks">($numlinks)</small> |;
$output .= qq|<small><sup class="new">new</sup></small>| if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);
$output .= qq|</dt>|;
$output .= qq|<dd><span class="descript">$description </span></dd>| if (!($description =~ /^[\s\n]*$/));
$output .= qq|</dl>|;
}

# Don't forget to end the unordered list..
$output .= "</td></tr></table></div>\n";
return $output;
}

1;

I also want to be able to change the size for the descriptions, which were at a smaller font size when I started, but now are at a standard size.

Best,

Pamela

[This message has been edited by pamelah (edited September 04, 1999).]