Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Download ODP

Quote Reply
Download ODP
Okay,
I finally got the ODP Dump via telnet and lwp, question is how do I edit/parse the doggone thing???? I actually want to just cut a portion of it out, but cannot find anything in the forums ref cutting out categories. Also, I seem to remember seeing somewhere in the forums about being able to edit the ODP without unzipping it???

[This message has been edited by Kilroy (edited May 08, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: Download ODP In reply to
The RDF parser for LINKS SQL is more stable.

And Bmxer is working on an improved Spider Mod for LINKS 2.0, which is more customizable than the ODP script you are using.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
I may try to learn the code for sql and write it for LinksSql mainly, even tho i don't use it yet. I still will release it for 2.0 but its not that cool to use it cuz u can get maybe 5000 links in 3 days if they are just random submits, but when i just tested it, i got over 2000 sites in 5 minutes. There can probably be code written that will tell the person who submits a link after there are 5000 links, like: sorry we have enough links in our database. I have other ideas but i'll say them later.

------------------
LookHard Search
lookhard.hypermart.net
Lavon Russell
Go to Napster http://www.napster.com

Quote Reply
What about pre-categorizing the links found by the spider based on keywords? Ex. if you are searching for "animals", and the spider finds urls with descriptions in the meta tag or title for both "animals" and "dogs", it will pre select the category for you: /Animals/Dogs/....

I have been playing around with the URL Spider Pro, and trying to get it to do this, but not much luck yet...