Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Dow to make several designs running on one database...

Quote Reply
Dow to make several designs running on one database...
Hi all Smile

I have a question -
how can I make it that I creat a second category page which builds the exact site again in a different design so other page also can use it ?
I have a friend who wants to implement my link into his site (files hosted on my server) but needs a different design so I have to build the pages two times i think.
Is there any way to do this ?
would be really cool if you can help me Wink
cya all,

nikolai
Quote Reply
Re: Dow to make several designs running on one database... In reply to
* Have your friend use LWP to extract search content into his site.

* Have your friend use Net:FTP to extract your links.db and categories.db file from your server frequently to let him build his directory using your links.db and categories.db files.

* Create a .txt file version of your directory content, and let your friend use LWP to insert the .txt files from your server into his formatted web pages. This would be the easiest for long term maintenace.

This option requires:
- LWP
- SSI (Server Side Includes)

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited April 19, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: Dow to make several designs running on one database... In reply to
Eliot,

I am working on a complete new admin part so people just have to enter a Url, the scripts extracts the name like (http://eurotango.org => eurotango) and creates a db file with all the sites in it.
Then the admin automaticaly creates a folder like http://domain.com/links/external/sitename (eurotango) and a template folder like "templates/external/sitename"
Then the user can edit his templates and the pages are build automaticaly from the base database...
Don't know whether this is an importand mod Smile but when its finishe I will post it...
cya all,

nikolai