Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Detailed view question

Quote Reply
Detailed view question

When I set Links 2.0 to maintain detail files for each link, it does so, but also provides the same detail on each index page. Is there any way to strip the description (or detail) off of the index pages, so when the user clicks on the link (or some little logo or something ala Yahoo!), they get taken to the detail page itself?
Quote Reply
Re: Detailed view question In reply to
Use the following URL:

Code:
<a href="<%build_detail_url%>/<%ID%>.shtml">Detail Page</a>

Make sure you define build_detail_url in the %globals section of the site_html_templates.pl in the following manner:

Code:
build_detail_url => $build_detail_url,

BTW: I just answered a question related to this in the Modification Forum!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks... That did the trick exactly! These should be in the FAQ (this question and the one about putting a link in multiple categories).
Quote Reply
Uh...Multiple Categories for links is already linked in many places in these forums. The Mod Author, Loopy, needs to submit his Mod himself.

I will add a FAQ in the Resource Center for the detail page since it really is NOT a Mod, but a feature of LINKS.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------