Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Delete all links/directories

Quote Reply
Delete all links/directories
Hello,

Is there a mod/tool/way to delete all links and related directories quickly and cleanup the whole thing fast?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Delete all links/directories In reply to
In the resource center, there is a Bulk Delete Mod...although this has been written for the Language Links script.

One suggestion...access your account via telnet, then use the following command line:

Code:
rm /links/*

OR simply use FTP and select all directories under links and delete them.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thank you, Eliot. I guess I will try the telnet method tomorrow. I wanted to delete everything in one installation, but I will try it tomorrow.

However, I am not sure I understand the FTP method you are talking about. I have ws_ftp pro 6.0. It does not have any provision like that. Unless I delete the files inside I can not delete a directory. The directory has to be empty. Are you using cute-ftp or talking about something else?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited January 26, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Uh...All you do is highlight your links directory and then select delete, then all your files and web pages will be deleted. LOOK at the WS_FTP manual or help files for more information!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------