Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Couldn't find record in validation database erro

Quote Reply
Couldn't find record in validation database erro
I did a search throughout this entire site and found no answer for this.

I have been using Links 2.0 for over a year with no problems. Recently I did not update my database for over a month (normally I do it once a week). I had about 100 new validation links. As I went through the first 50 validations I had no problems. But then on the next 10 I received this error page:

Validate Links

Error validating links:
Validate Error: 1210. Couldn't find record in validation database

When I look at the validate.db file these links are there. But when I click on validate the program hangs (nothing happened for over a minute), then when I click on it again it says it's not there (and it deletes them). I imagine this problem has something to do with Links' 2.0 hanging for a while, then when I click a second time it says it's not there. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

I have about 1200 links.

Thanks.

Nathan Wright

Quote Reply
Re: Couldn't find record in validation database erro In reply to
That seems to be a bug with spanning pages of links to validate.

Solutions to this problem have been discussed MANY times in the Links 2.0 Discussion and Links 2.0 Customization forum. Wink

Basically, the easiest solution is to MANUALLY copy the links in the validate.db file and paste them into the links.db file. Then update the linksid.txt file to show the highest record ID number in your links.db file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eliot Lee