Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Cool Links Question

Quote Reply
Cool Links Question
Which file builds the cool links other than
links.cfg?

I mean, if I delete the cool index.html file and I did a "build all" - and the links are all right back there.

I think it's the "backup" but I want away to edit (widdle it down)????
Quote Reply
Re: Cool Links Question In reply to
Nope...The nph-build.cgi file is what builds the cool directory. You have to rem out the all the cool building codes in order to stop building the cool page. Also, you need to delete the files in the /cool directory.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot.

But, :-) that program must have a "memory", a file???

Because if I delete the index.html file out of the cool directory and do a "build all", the links are all back??? How did it know to do that? Where did it get that info from? :-)

The build all "must" be "recording" from the (back up) (a File???) file to what was rated and rebuilding what was rated to get in on the cool page?

Yes?
No?

It's been recorded somewhere in order for the software to rebuild all those links exactly the way they were :-)

Also, Whats the cut off i.e. 20 links per page or what or could that be done?

If not, please tell me so I can get rid of it as it would be useless to have them all on 1 page.

Thnaks again Eliot.
Quote Reply
Links keeps track (in the .db files) of information about a link. Name, url, owner, email address, day added, how many hits, etc.

When nph-build runs, it goes through the database and looks at each links's information. If the days and hits are within the paramater defined in links.cfg as being new and cool, it marks them as new and cool. When the new and cool pages are built, the links are added.

--mark
Quote Reply
Thanks Mark :-) I can take it from there, much appreciate it.