Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Compatible editor for templates?

Quote Reply
Compatible editor for templates?
Hi,

Does any one out there know an HTML 4.01 compatible editor which can be used for the templates. I am not proficient enought to do it in Notepad. Netscape Communicator reformats the HTML code so it is not compatible.

Thanks,
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Compatible editor for templates? In reply to
Front Page 2000 or DreamWeaver.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Eliot,

I called up my Links templates (based on webcrawler) with Dreamweaver but they look completetly out of "shape" particularly when it comes to Perl tags for color and backgrounds. I know there must be a way to set up Dreamweaver so it read Perl ok, but can't seem to figured it out ?? do you know how to go about it ??

Patricio//

Quote Reply
Dreamweaver won't change any command from the html, they will read it as it is (they won't recognize your template tags). That is why you'll see it out of shape.
As for Frontpage 2000, you will see it better but just be carefull cause they will convert some commands that they think it is the correct one.
Quote Reply
Uhmmmmm... Is there a way to set up Dreamweaver so it doesn't get all out of "shape" when calling up a template with
<%tags%> ?

Pat//