Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Change font

Quote Reply
Change font
I changed the 'What's New' and 'What's Cool' pages at my site (http://www.the3GPortal.com) last week, and I have forgotten what I did to screw up the fonts. The links now show as Times New Roman. But I want them returned to Verdana. My questions, I think, are these - (1) What part of links.css do I change and what do I add (I think this is the file that I need to change) (2) Are there any other files I need to change (I want to keep the template for 'What's New' and 'Whats Cool' as they are but without the Times New Roman font).
Thanks to all who offer advice.
Steve

PS. Also on these 2 pages you'll see 'The 3G Portal' is Times New Roman too. So how do I change that back to Verdana ?

Quote Reply
Re: Change font In reply to
Use Find option in your text editor to find Times New Roman in your links.css file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Eliot
I looked in links.css and there is no reference to Times New Roman in the entire file. Could it be some other file I have made the change ?
Thanks
Steve

Quote Reply
Look for HTML codes between $link_results and |; in the sub build_new_page and sub build_cool_page routines in the nph-build.cgi file. Add your own span codes for the font.

BTW: Your pop-up menu is highly annoying and the "locking" navigation you have in place through redirection is also annoying.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks for your advice. I am so green, I dont know what span codes are. But your advice about pop ups and re-direction have been acted apon.

Can you please direct me to advice about how to do the span codes thing,

Thanks again
Steve

PS - I've been out of the country (UK) and have only got back.

Quote Reply
Ugh...you are using the CSS file, right? Then you should learn about how to create web pages using CSS (Cascading Style Sheet).

Some examples:

Code:

<span class="text">TEXT</span>

Replace text with the class object in the CSS file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee