Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Can/Has this been done?

Quote Reply
Can/Has this been done?
I have links running with 1500 links, Is it possible of someway to spider the links I have making another db that would be the full text of each site. In effect making 2 search options the first being the regular search and the second being a full search of all the sites in the first db.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Can/Has this been done? In reply to
Uh...yea...but Why?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Uh.. Because I would like to implement this with my links!
Is there any references to how it can be done as I can't find what I'm looking for.
Quote Reply
Yes there are...In the Modification Section of the Resource Center....

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Nope, if you meant the spider not that exactly, I'll try to explain further.
Lets say you have links running with 20 links; www.a.com (sells the product a), www.b.com (sells the product b) etc. Someone searching for product "a" obviously finds the first link and any other link that mentions the product "a" in their description and keywords. What I'm looking for is if someone searches for the product "z" although the product is not mentioned in any description or keywords it may be mentioned somewhere on the site of www.a.com or any other of the links pages; so is there someway of spidering and recording the full text on the links pages (on say a monthly basis) so someone searching can come up with with a "z" result.