Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Building pages.....

Quote Reply
Building pages.....
I asked this before but with no answers. It is not a server problem as I have uploaded it and got it working in a different directory. I suspect that for some reason something has been corrupted. I have moved my directory from one server to another and am getting the following error when clicking on build all.

Pages built on 1-Jan-2001 at 23:23:03
--------------------------------------------------------

Backing up database . . .
Backup exists for today.. Skipping
Done.

Building URL Index . . .
Done.

Updating New and Popular Records . . .

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: invalid date format: 15-Nov-199 - parsed as (day: 15, month: 10, year: -1701). Reason: Can't handle date (0, 0, 0, 15, 10, -1701) at links.cfg line 163

Script Location : nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006

You can see where I am getting the error. Where do I go looking to find where this is coming from?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Quote Reply
Re: Building pages..... In reply to
The problem is with Perl 5.006...other users have experienced the similar problems with the Local Perl module file, which seems not to work with how the date is called in LINKS 2.0.

I believe someone already posted a solution to this problem in the Links 2.0 Installation-UNIX forum...search for Perl 5.006 using EXACT phrase search option in the forum's search form.

Also, questions like this should be posted in the Links 2.0 Installation X Forums...since this is basically an installation question...not a general discussion issue.

Regards,

Eliot Lee