Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Build _sometimes_ stops before finishing

Quote Reply
Build _sometimes_ stops before finishing
Hi,

as stated before, I had to modify the NPH Scripts as described for the cobalt server, because my isp doesn't allow NPH Scripts. Everything seemed to work fine in the begining. No I have about 600 links and build ist not working properly anymore.

1.) When using "Build All", ist works fine until the last 2 or 3 cathegories. It just doesn't build the pages. But sometimes, ever 10th or so, run ist works correct.

2.) When using "Build Staggered (Auto)" ist works, but giving me a CGI Error at a specific cathegory stating "No such cathegory". Of course ist does exist.

Any help would be great and excuse my english.

Thanks, Julian
Quote Reply
Re: Build _sometimes_ stops before finishing In reply to
Now it allways stops before finishing. Even Staggered doesn't help.

1) Build All just ends with no comment not building the last 2 or 4 Subcategories.

2) Build Staggared bulds only the first 19 categories and switches to buliding the detailed pages, which is disabled

3) Staggared Auto gives me a CGI Error at a specific category. Error: No such category

Thanks for your help, Julian
Quote Reply
Your English is fine.
Smile

What I would check for are the following:

1) Perl path in your new "build" file.

2) The permissions of your directory pages. Should be set to 777 (chmod 777).

3) Check your categories.db file to make sure that you don't have any syntax errors or problems. (Make sure that you don't have spaces between two words or unsupported special characters.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
Thank you for your replay, but all you suggested is o.k. I think the scripts wouldn't run at all if one of these errors would apply, but I even checked it again.

1. I talked with my isp, who said, that there is a timeout for CGI scripts of 12 sec CPU time. Maybe that ist the reason for build all to die sometimes. Is this possible with 600 links?

2. I had 2 categories "Internet/Java" and "Internet/JavaScript", which - I think - caused the error when building "staggared auto" I changed this and I seems to work fine now.

3.) "Build Staggared" still builds categories 0 --> 19 only. Heard that this can be a bug, couldn't it?

Thanks for your help, Julian