Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Build All doesn't build all pages

Quote Reply
Build All doesn't build all pages
My database contains about 100 categories but not all are built when I execute the Build All function. What is wrong?

Quote Reply
Re: Build All doesn't build all pages In reply to
Try Staggered Build OR use telnet to build your directory. If the categories are not all built using these options, then you probably have one or all of the following problems:

1) You have too many links in some of your categories. If you have more than 50 or so links in some of your categories, then the build process is probably timing out. The solution is to either use telnet (which is a lot faster and tends NOT to time out) OR add more sub-categories and then spread out your links in the new sub-categories you create. You can use the Check Cat option in the admin.cgi after adding the new sub-categories to dynamically repair the links.db file OR simply edit the links that are in categories with a large number of links.

2) You may have some categories that have special characters (like & +) and the build process is choking because you have not applied the regular expression codes posted in the LINKS 2.0 Forums for allowing special characters in the category names.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanx for your fast replay. Indeed I have some categories in which are more than 50 links. But even a category with 140 link is built.

Quote Reply
Welp...try my suggestions and see if it makes a difference. If you have categories with tons of links in them, then your build process will time out via your web browser.

Do you understand????

Regards,

Eliot Lee