Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Bilingual engine to Share data base

Quote Reply
Bilingual engine to Share data base
Hello amigos,

Is it possible and how can you run 2 sets of templates... english / foreing_language but have them share the same data base ? so all new url, etc, etc no matter from what template goes to the same place ? same when it comes to searching ?
Thank you in advnace for your feedback//
Quote Reply
Re: Bilingual engine to Share data base In reply to
It would be complicated. Try using a translation program. This has been discussed before.

The only simple solution is to create two identical databases with different translated data and template files.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thank you Eliot,
Links is pulling out of and puting into "x" place all data, I don't see why could I have to sets of templates in tow different languages sharing the same data ? as long as they are both putting pulling it from the same place ? I could just change the default "built" directory ? so English is built was place and spanish another place ?
Wouldn't this work ?

------------------
P.Espinoza
Qdice.com
Quote Reply
Ah...The data written in the databases would have to be translated in order for them to display in bilingual manner.

There are translation mods discussed in the Modification Forum that you can translate your database into other languages.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
No, perhaps I did not explain myself. I don't want to translate the data base, I just want both English and Spanish templates to share the data. Can this be done ?

------------------
P.Espinoza
Qdice.com
Quote Reply
Possibly. You would have to add additional sub-routines in the nph-build.cgi file to build the additional template web pages. Also you would have to copy the sub-routines in your site_html_templates.pl yet you would have to load the new template files.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I think it does. I'll find out as soon as I finish my Spanish site and work on the English one.

Thank you for any further feedback anyone may have.

------------------
P.Espinoza
Qdice.com