Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Banner mod?

Quote Reply
Banner mod?
Well I might as well strat off the discussion in the new forum Smile

Just wondering if there is any talk about including a banner rotating mod for keyword searches. (i.e. a user searches for a cat and the search results display a banner from an advertiser that bought the keyword "cat".) I am currently using WebAdverts and I ma happy, but I would love to have a banner system integrated into links for keyword searches and possibly targeting for topics.

what do you all think?

------------------
Brian
wwnurse.com
Quote Reply
Re: Banner mod? In reply to
There has been talk about doing that with webadverts.

Take a look through this forum archives, and also the old forum (search box at the bottom of the page) and you should find some good info.

--mark

------------------
You can reach my by ICQ at UID# 8602162

Quote Reply
Mark, thanks for the info. I think this feature would be a great asset to Links!

------------------
Brian
wwnurse.com
Quote Reply
Hi bs,
I did somthing like that awhile ago, (took a bit)
It went somethinglike this,
First I wrote a simple program to open a banner named keyword.gif or if it didnt find one it would display a defauly banner( buy this keyword click here), I copied parts from Web Advers and links, to make it, well mabey that will give you some ideals to make it/modify the two programs, (sorry I couldnt give you the code, I wrote that along time ago and havent used it since I shut down myne site,
Thanks
Joey