Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

BEING SPAMMED

Quote Reply
BEING SPAMMED
If anyone else is currently being spammed by domains ending .at.tf then I have found the culprits, www.alpennic.com.

They have an auto submit tool and my site is listed, I'm getting loads of inappropriate links in foreign languages.

I've tried many of the solutions on this forum with mixed success but I am angry that alpennic.com are doing this so I have contacted them directly.

I am still waiting for a response.
Quote Reply
Re: [activegamer] BEING SPAMMED In reply to
I am being spamed like crazy!
Quote Reply
What solusions have you tried?

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Just these past 3 weeks we are being bombarded by a spammer who keeps adding prorno links. It doesn't really do damage because we just don't validate but it's a pain. Is there any way to stop them? Of course the guy is using a defunct email address kikko@starmedia.com, etc. They already closed down his box.

I'm pretty MadToo!

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Apr 9, 2002, 12:59 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] BEING SPAMMED In reply to
There are a number of things you can do, you can find most solutions by searching this forum.

I eventually stopped my spam by altereing the code in the add.cgi not to allow submissions sent without any HTTP reffer variable.

My spammer was sending from the same IP number all the time so I can also have blocked that IP from access my server, I may do this if they start arriving again.

I sent several e-mails to the spammers asking them to remove me from the script, they did nor reply, this really annoys me.
Quote Reply
Hi activegamer,
thanks for your reply. For some reason the spam block offered by my server isn't working here. And the changes in add.cgi won't work because the jerk is actually adding legitimate websites-he even adds his name. It almost seems as if he has automated this, as it is so frequent and time consuming.

I'll search around the forum for some more answers.
Thanks