Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Anyone using FrontPage 2000...

Quote Reply
Anyone using FrontPage 2000...
I was trying to use Front Page 2000 to edit my page but when I put the index.html into the program I don't see anything or when I try to copy and paste the HTML I don't see anything.... Please someone help me...

Thanks
DoNuT..
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone using FrontPage 2000... In reply to
Hi donut,
I am a third party web site admin for www.ebthemeshop.com. I use GTI for a directory I am running on another url. ex. www.trilynx.com (I am in the process of registering the program Smile Anyhow, FrontPage in general can give you problems when working with the script inserts. Thats why you dont see certain areas or it can cause spots in your pages not to function.
I only use Frontpage to make the general look and layout of the sites, then I use Allaires Home site to edit in the script codes where they need to go.
So, basic summary... FP will mess up your script positioning in your html pages which will cause certain items not to function.
Hope this helps....

------------------
Quote Reply
ed

I know front page messes things up but I've been told that Front Page 2000 doesn't do that..

DoNuT
Quote Reply
Well, I have tried using it and it didn't mess it up. You can change from WYSIWYG to normal HTML coding. It is good I think, but I still stick to Dreamweaver and Homesite.
Quote Reply
As I said before, I am a MS partner and third party developer. I will do some testing over the next few days and let you know my findings Smile
Good luck and let me know if you find out anything...
Quote Reply
Greetings!

I have checked out FP2000 and you can set it not to do anything to the existing html or scripting. We currently use FP98 for all our site work - knowing the existing problems with it, we came up with a work around, until we upgrade to FP2000.

As I use templates the file I edit is home.html, not index.html as that is page generated by links after running the build script.

Hope this helps.

------------------
http://www.nzcid.godzone.net.nz
New Zealand Christian Internet Directory

Quote Reply
Ian,
How do you set it so it doesn't do anything to the html or scripting??

Thanks,
DoNuT