Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Alex? Messages disappearing from the forums!

Quote Reply
Alex? Messages disappearing from the forums!
Has anyone had a problem with messages you post to these forums disappearing into thin air? I thought I was going crazy the first time, but it happened again yesterday. The browser goes through it's little UBB song and dance refresh, and shows me my post included in the thread. Then when I read that thread later, it's gone! I post from two different computers, and I suspect something funny is going on with the other one. I've never noticed anything like that with other UBB forums.

Sorry if this doesn't quite belong under "Links Discussion," but it surely isn't an installation question. Smile

Dan

------------------
My links are at: http://www.dankaplan.com/runninglinks
Quote Reply
Re: Alex? Messages disappearing from the forums! In reply to
Hi Dan,

I haven't noticed it, but I've been away for the forum this weekend. I'll be monitoring it and see if it happens again (No messages have been deleted on purpose).

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
My first ever message yesterday disappeared as well. I've seen other boards with the same problem.

Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Alex and ChanFan,

Thanks for the replies. To follow up, I've kept track of where I posted from and the other computer I suspected (it sometimes has wierd caching problems) is NOT the source of the oddities. Oh well.

Dan