Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Advanced Search Error

Quote Reply
Advanced Search Error
I keep getting an advanced search error. Everything else seems to be working fine. But when when I attemp an advanced search it gives an error and returns no results. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ellis W.

------------------
Ellis W.
Quote Reply
Re: Advanced Search Error In reply to
What error do you receive?

PLEASE be more specific...and DO NOT reply with Internal Server Error. You should get a cgierror readout in your browser. Also, check your Perl Error Log.

Also, what changes have you made to your search.cgi file?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
I'll try to be more specific. When I do a regular search for a keyword, it will find the url, but will also say "Advanced Search error. When I do an advanced search, and choose either keywords or phrase, or add/or, then search, it will say advanced search error and tell me to enter a keyword or phrase. The url to my site is <http://www.freewarepalace.com/links/pages> If you try to search you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, I didn't make any changes to search.cgi! Thanks,

Ellis W.

------------------
Ellis W.
Quote Reply
The problem is that you have TWO search forms in your search.html file! Take one of them out.

The top one works just fine. The bottom one doesn't.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------