Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Admin Problem

Quote Reply
Admin Problem
I'm baffled. The script has been working fine for about 2 weeks. Yesterday when I went to go to the admin page, it takes the password, but displayed a 'blank' page. Looking at the source, nothing was there. Today I checked the other .cgi pages, and same thing there. I tried re-uploading all of the cgi pages and that didn't correct it. Any idea where I should begin to look for the problem?

Thanks,
Jan

Quote Reply
Re: Admin Problem In reply to
Check the permissions of your .cgi scripts.

Possibly your ISP set the permissions to 0 due to excessive use of CPU and Memory. This happened to me with one of my sites...I mistakingly forgot to close a loop in one of files, which caused the whole site to hickup due to excessive CPU usage (like 85% WCPU and 80% CPU).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot....but would you believe it wasn't the script at all? After posting my problem I sent my tech support an email also, and they replied "I will restart apache which should take care of the problem." Which it did. Everything's working fine now. Strange. I've never heard of restarting apache, but if anyone else experiences the same problem I did, at least they will know an avenue to take to possibly fix the problem.

Jan

Quote Reply
And re-starting it usually indicates low level of available physical and virtual memory, thus a problem with scripts eating up server resources...

Regards,

Eliot Lee